Graphics L1 NCEA is the first full year course after the Year 9 and Year 10 Option course. Graphics L1 NCEA accesses Credits towards L1 NCEA and also is the pre-requisite course for Graphics L2 NCEA.
Graphics is also known as Design and Visual Communication: Standards, resources and assessment specifications are found at Ministry of Education and NZQA under this name.
Graphics L1 NCEA major literacy is visual and includes a curriculum that covers:
- Producing freehand sketches to communicate design ideas
- Producing instrumental, multi-view orthographic drawings that communicate technical features of design ideas.
- Producing instrumental paraline drawings to communicate design ideas.
- Using rendering techniques to communicate the form of design ideas.
- Using the work of an influential designer to inform design ideas.
- Undertaking development of design ideas through graphics practice.
- Promoting an organised body of design work to an audience using visual communication techniques.